Since 1967, Aussie flyfisher's have turned to us for quality, brand name flyfishing gear and expert advice.
Our massive, inner-Melbourne fly shop is world class and unlike any fly shop in Australia. The showroom offers a relaxed, fun place for you to immerse yourself in flyfishing. You'll find everything you're after and a whole lot more and we have the knowledge to help you plan a successful trip locally or abroad.
Our team are friendly and knowledgeable but most of all we’re passionate flyfishers ourselves. The Flyfisher has a long history and we are experienced but we know enough to realise we don’t know everything. That’s what keeps us fascinated with flyfishing and eager to talk with anglers’ like you. We’re on a flyfishing journey just like you and if you need us, we’ll help you take your flyfishing to the next level.
Wherever you are in Australia, for unbiased information on products or anything flyfishing related, please get in touch. Talking flyfishing with you is the best part of our day!
TOP TEN REASONS TO SHOP WITH THE FLYFISHER
1) 365 DAY RETURNSWe won’t rest ‘til you’re totally satisfied with your purchase. READ MORE
2) THE FLYFISHER PLATINUM ROD SERVICE
Purchase a fly rod from us for $700+ and we’ll cover any rod repair within the first 12 months. Geographically we’re a long way from our fly rod manufacturing partners and so repairs take time. This sucks and so we’ll give you a quality loan rod to use while yours is being repaired – all at no charge.
3) FISH MORE, PAY LESS
We’ll beat any local fly shops price and get within 10% (GST) of any international competitor. READ MORE
4) WE LIVE FOR FLYFISHING
Our team are friendly and knowledgeable but most of all we’re passionate flyfishers ourselves. One of the things we love most about flyfishing is the chance to learn more every time we’re on the water or chatting with other anglers’. Our store has a long history and we are experienced but we know enough to realise that we don’t know everything. That’s what keeps us fascinated with flyfishing and eager to talk with anglers’ like you. For us, it’s not about selling products; it’s about making sure we pass along our passion. We’re on a flyfishing journey just like you and if you need us, we’ll help you take your flyfishing to the next level.
5) QUALITY RIGGING GUARANTEE
Our staff are highly experienced and we promise to rig your gear to the same high standard we rig our own. We take pride in knowing that the gear we sell is ready for the water and whatever fish you choose to throw at. From billfish to tarpon or taimen to trout – we will set you up for success on the water.
6) PROUDLY AUSTRALIAN
The fact is, you could buy your fly gear anywhere in the world but we try to give you as many reasons as possible to keep your business local. We’re proudly Australian and we’re conscious of supporting local business. Take comfort in knowing that when you support our store, you’re also supporting our local flyfishing industry and community fishing projects.
7) WE’RE HERE TO STAYThe Flyfisher has been trading since 1967 and our business is constantly adapting to the ever-changing retail climate. We’re focussed on serving today’s anglers for the long term - so when you need us 20 years down the track, we’ll be here for you. The internet has spawned many online only fly shops that operate out of a garage, hardware store or newsagency. The fact is, these businesses rarely succeed and when they disappear, their customers are left without support and service. Unlike these Johnny-come-latelies, we’ve been here for decades and we’re here to stay.
8) BY FAR THE BIGGEST RANGE OF FLY GEAR IN AUSTRALIAWhen you need a product quickly - we’re there for you. No other store in Australia can boast the range and depth of stock we carry at The Flyfisher. If in the unlikely event we don’t have a product in stock – we’ll get it for you fast.
9) BRICKS AND MORTAR
Flyfishing needs a home in Australia. Not all our customers are based in Melbourne but if you ever visit then we hope you’ll come and say hello. Our store is conveniently located in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD in the iconic Tavistock House. It’s getting harder to find a place you can touch, feel, discuss and try products before you buy. With your support we can continue to provide Australian anglers with a real address where they can feel at home and immerse themselves in flyfishing.
10) FOCUSSED ON GROWING FLYFISHINGThe more flyfishers we have out there, the bigger the voice for environmental projects and the protection of wild trout. It would be easy for us to focus on supplying existing anglers but the real challenge lies in growing flyfishing. When a newcomer visits our store, we take them under our wing and nurture them into becoming passionate anglers that understand nature and how their fishery works. We support local projects such as flyfishing film festivals, clubs, magazines and we regularly run in-store information evenings, beginners courses, and so on. We do our best to promote flyfishing and ultimately we hope all anglers’ benefit.