Semperfli Straggle String Micro Chenille
WHAT IS STRAGGLE STRING UV?
At first glance Straggle String UV may seem like many of the other “fritz” type tying materials... Take a closer look though and you will find Straggle String UV is a carefully developed fly tying material and NOT just another off the peg product poached from the textiles trade.
A FEW FACTS ABOUT STRAGGLE STRING UV
- Finer core than typical “fritz” type materials
- Widest range of natural fly tying colours available
- Colours are chosen by and dyed by the Semper Fli team
- Coded colours to integrate with the Semper Fli dubbing system
- Reduced fibre density (less like a blob more like legs or a hackle)
- Reflective/refractive fibres provide insect-like iridescence
- Subtle UV properties give the impression of life-like movement
WHAT CAN STRAGGLE STRING UV BE USED FOR?
- The fact is it’s really up to you... but here are a few tips and tricks from the Semper Fli team to get you started.
- The fine core means really slim bodies are possible. Try SF3300 on a curved hook for a fantastic bloodworm pattern or any of the natural colours under a shellback for a superb (and very quick to tie) shrimp.
- Lower fibre density coupled with fine core makes great thoraxes for bead head flies.
- The fine core absorbs much less water than standard fritz meaning Straggle String UV can be used in dry fly patterns
- Finer material means smaller flies. Sizes 16, 18, and 20 can easily be tied.
- The wide range of natural colours is great for imitating the natural invertebrates that make up fishes’ diet.
- Bright and fluoro colours2
FeaturesLength: 6 Meters
- Add a Review
Write Your Own Review