R.L.Winston Air 2 Fly Rods
Winstons latest and greatest fly rod for freshwater. Given this rods supply scarcity and the bespoke nature of Winston rods, they are a special order item. Please allow up to 6 weeks for delivery.
Allow 4 weeks for delivery.
The next generation of all-around freshwater fly rods (3wt-6wt). These rods can do anything – present tiny dry flies to wary trout on flat water, cast a heavy streamer to the far bank in the wind, launch the entire line when you need it, and make quick, accurate close-range shots. From high stick nymphing, pounding the banks from the boat, or wet wading, the new AIR 2 is a pack rod, a travel rod, a beautiful rod, and an all-around rod. It’s the new Winston. When you can only bring one rod…the amazing new Boron AIR 2. You won’t want to leave home without it. Now is the time.
WINSTON AIR 2
LIGHTER THAN AIR.
- A New taper design that provides a faster, progressive all-around action. Extremely light, yet powerful.
- Introducing S-2000 a next generation high modulus graphite material for faster recovery speed and smoothness
- New Boron Configuration for enhanced power and energy transfer.
- New Winston-designed cigar grip for better “feel” through the casting stroke
- The Custom HSR (High Strain Rate) resin provides an even faster recovery rate that adds a modern feel, is more durable, and provides greater part strength and less weight.
- The new light wire shooting Snake Guides have a smaller profile with new ECO slick coating and a Round Helix geometry that reduces line friction and produces added energy, accuracy, and distance management.
- WEIGHTS: 3 thru 6wt.
- ACTION: Fast
- SECTIONS: 4
- GUIDES: Light wire Hard Chrome ECO Slick Coating Shooting Guides
- REEL SEAT: Uplocking Nickel Silver with Burled Wood insert .
- STORAGE: Premium graphite rod tube with logo rod sock
- Lifetime guarantee
- Includes rod sock and tube